Tuesday, July 7, 2009

507. By the Light of the Silvery Moon

It's 2:47 am and I know no one is up for me to call. I woke up for a mid-sleep walk to the restroom when I noticed how bright my hallway seemed to be lit by the light of a silvery moon.

I stepped outside where the skies are clear, the temperature is 69 degrees, and a lustrous Full Buck Moon - that's what the Farmer's Almanac calls a full moon in July - is shining down upon us, so much so that I could check the tomatoes and peppers and flowers and herbs growing in my front yard garden.

I should tell you about the four tomato plants I have which now encompass an area of about 7 feet square, but that should wait. After all, it is the middle of the night.

No comments:

The Archives at Milepost 606

Personal

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Never married, liberal Democrat, born in 1960, opinionated but generally pleasant, member of the Episcopal Church. Graduate of Prestonia Elementary, Durrett High, and Spalding University; the first two now-closed Jefferson County Public Schools, the latter a very small liberal arts college in downtown Louisville affiliated with the Roman Catholic Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. My vocation and avocation is politics. My favorite pastime is driving the backroads of Kentucky and southern Indiana, visiting small towns, political hangouts, courthouses, churches, and cemeteries. You are welcome to ride with me sometime.