Monday, August 31, 2009

531. Two more unrelated thoughts: Italics and the Weather

Somehow, I've been invaded by the Italics, not to be confused with any Italians who may have also visited at one time or another. A great deal of my blog is now showing up in italics. I'm not sure why. Since I'm not sure how it got that way, I'm not quite sure how to make it go away. I've tried to correct it, but to no avail. Maybe it will correct itself. It has been my experience that most things in life, whether small or large, tend to eventually correct themselves - or go away.

Hopefully the weather will not correct itself. The end of August is supposed to be like the rest of August, which is why President Bush did in August 2001 what the French famously do each year, which is to take the month off. But this August has been a most enjoyable experience, like being in the Berkshires of western Massachusetts, a place I visited more than a few times as a teenager. This morning the temperature was 53 degrees when I woke up. The high is forecast to be 77. I can live that with for rest of the month, which is to say today. So long, August 2009, it has been a pleasure.

No comments:

The Archives at Milepost 606

Personal

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Never married, liberal Democrat, born in 1960, opinionated but generally pleasant, member of the Episcopal Church. Graduate of Prestonia Elementary, Durrett High, and Spalding University; the first two now-closed Jefferson County Public Schools, the latter a very small liberal arts college in downtown Louisville affiliated with the Roman Catholic Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. My vocation and avocation is politics. My favorite pastime is driving the backroads of Kentucky and southern Indiana, visiting small towns, political hangouts, courthouses, churches, and cemeteries. You are welcome to ride with me sometime.