Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day 2010



I was voter #3 at in precinct N134 at the Cable Baptist Church gym early this morning. I always get a little emotional when I vote knowing that, along with millions of other Americans, some in their right minds and others in the right wing, I am doing my part. Irrespective of a person's political place on the spectrum, voting is an essential part of being an American. Failing to vote is, for me, a difficult thing to explain. Intentionally failing to vote, for me, is unpatriotic and treasonous.

I understand that not everyone is always happy with the choices they are offered on the ballot, often having to choose between the lesser of two evils in their minds. Very few of us, in any undertaking, whether at church, work, play, and/or especially in our personal lives, are always happy with the choices we have to make. But we do make them and live with the consequences.

In a previous post, I mentioned there were four election years of my thirty-two years of participating, which have stood out in my memory. But I still participated in those other twenty-eight years. I think it is important to do so. But more importantly, I believe it to be my duty as an American to do so. As I said, doing less is unpatriotic and, perhaps, treasonous.

If you do not know if you are registered, or where to vote, follow this link:

https://cdcbp.ky.gov/VICWeb/index.jsp



No comments:

The Archives at Milepost 606

Personal

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Never married, liberal Democrat, born in 1960, opinionated but generally pleasant, member of the Episcopal Church. Graduate of Prestonia Elementary, Durrett High, and Spalding University; the first two now-closed Jefferson County Public Schools, the latter a very small liberal arts college in downtown Louisville affiliated with the Roman Catholic Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. My vocation and avocation is politics. My favorite pastime is driving the backroads of Kentucky and southern Indiana, visiting small towns, political hangouts, courthouses, churches, and cemeteries. You are welcome to ride with me sometime.