Monday, November 26, 2007

231. Turkey this, Turkey that.

Ok, a disclaimer. Honestly, I am in the process of learning how to really cook, as opposed to boiling water, using a microwave, and being creative with my cereal by adding sliced bananas. But I haven't graduated to preparing a meal, despite the fact that I have the Queen Anne Table for 10 with Side Buffet ready and waiting. So Thanksgiving has become a time of being invited to the homes of friends and family for dinner.

So, this past weekend was an indulgence in the cooking skills of others.

Thursday: Turkey dinner at my brother's, mostly cooked by the mother of his youngest four children, the youngest three of whom were there to enjoy it with me.
More Turkey dinner at my friend Denise's, largely prepared by her, and enjoyed by a house full of guests.
More Turkey dinner with my friend Shawn. I'm not sure who does Shawn's cooking.
Late night Coffee and a political discussion with my friend Eleanor. I watched her make the French Vanilla flavored coffee in a Mr. Coffeemaker-type thing.

Friday: Turkey leftovers from my friend Irvi, who is a great cook. He dropped them off along with a bottle of Ale-8 soft drink, an elixir of the Kentucky gods.
Turkey leftovers from my brother.
Turkey leftovers from my friend Denise's.
Coffee and a political discussion with my friend Will and his friend Sarah at Third Avenue Cafe, who then left there for the adventures of Light Up Louisville.

Saturday: More Turkey leftovers from my friend Denise's, and several bowls of cold cereal, which frankly tasted pretty good.

Sunday: Sunday breakfast of Decadent French Toast and a Cinnamon Roll at Ermin's talking with a woman there about her upocming trip home to Nebraska for the holidays. My friend Roger works there - he discussed his forays on Black Friday to the Malls. Sunday afternoon dinner of Fried Chicken, Roast Beef and fixings at my father's house. The chicken came from Meijers but the Beef was his creation. Dad is a pretty good cook. At his dinner was him and Mom, and my oldest niece and nephew.

And thus comes to an end a long weekend gastronomical extravaganza.

Thanks Be To God.

Unrelated: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSIE.

No comments:

The Archives at Milepost 606

Personal

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Never married, liberal Democrat, born in 1960, opinionated but generally pleasant, member of the Episcopal Church. Graduate of Prestonia Elementary, Durrett High, and Spalding University; the first two now-closed Jefferson County Public Schools, the latter a very small liberal arts college in downtown Louisville affiliated with the Roman Catholic Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. My vocation and avocation is politics. My favorite pastime is driving the backroads of Kentucky and southern Indiana, visiting small towns, political hangouts, courthouses, churches, and cemeteries. You are welcome to ride with me sometime.