Saturday, October 20, 2007

208. In a rut.

Bad timing. My truck is "off the road" again - the second time in four weeks. It is a Grey 2002 Ford Ranger XLT (whatever that means), that truthfully has given me very few problems. It has been in 61 of Kentucky's 120 counties this year and has about 107,000 miles on the odometer. In the bed are several 4x4 beams, some fence posts for erecting 8x4 yard signs, and two old window frames I got from a neighbor, not really knowing what to do with them, but she was "sure" I could make something out of them. It also has about four Jack Conway signs left in the back which have yet to find homes. And it is easily identifiable by the array of liberal and left-leaning stickers adjoined to it including one that says "I'm a Card Carrying Member of the ACLU." The most recent political sticker added is one which reads "Ken Herndon - Democrat for Metro Council." In a little over two weeks, the "Conway for Attorney General" stickers will be replaced with ones reading "Yarmuth for Congress." There is also an "HRC" sticker and another one which reads "Teach Peace" which was the first sticker I put on it after purchasing it from Bluegrass Lincoln-Mercury several years ago when it had only 1600 miles on it. In an official ad, my license plate is one of those crowing about Kentucky's Independent Colleges, mine a speical plate for Spalding University, my alma mater. Finally, in the upper right hand corner is an ad for my favorite secret bunker and coffeehouse which reads "Imbibe Atomic Saucer, 1000 E. Oak St., Louisville, Ky." For the moment, all of them are doing no good since the truck is not going anywhere.

No comments:

The Archives at Milepost 606

Personal

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Never married, liberal Democrat, born in 1960, opinionated but generally pleasant, member of the Episcopal Church. Graduate of Prestonia Elementary, Durrett High, and Spalding University; the first two now-closed Jefferson County Public Schools, the latter a very small liberal arts college in downtown Louisville affiliated with the Roman Catholic Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. My vocation and avocation is politics. My favorite pastime is driving the backroads of Kentucky and southern Indiana, visiting small towns, political hangouts, courthouses, churches, and cemeteries. You are welcome to ride with me sometime.