Friday, March 20, 2009

50,000

At 9:18 am this morning local time, the 50,000th - fifty-thousandth - visitor arrived here along the Left Bank of the Ohio River near Milepost 606. I'm not sure who they were or from where they arrived as the information on their address is incomplete. All I really know is they (may) have a bellsouth.net address. So, whoever it was, thank you. Fifty-thousand people is the approximate population of the cities of Bowling Green or Covington or the counties of Boyd or Franklin. Thanks also to the 49,999 who arrived before our unknown visitor, and to those of you reading this now and in the future.

Unrelated, on one set of brackets, I've lost five games, including one team I had advanicng at least one more round. On the other two, I've lost three. For the record, I got WKU on two out of three. And all my Final Four team are still in the mix. Let's see how I fare this afternoon.

No comments:

The Archives at Milepost 606

Personal

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Never married, liberal Democrat, born in 1960, opinionated but generally pleasant, member of the Episcopal Church. Graduate of Prestonia Elementary, Durrett High, and Spalding University; the first two now-closed Jefferson County Public Schools, the latter a very small liberal arts college in downtown Louisville affiliated with the Roman Catholic Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. My vocation and avocation is politics. My favorite pastime is driving the backroads of Kentucky and southern Indiana, visiting small towns, political hangouts, courthouses, churches, and cemeteries. You are welcome to ride with me sometime.