Tuesday, June 26, 2007

129. Nothing here but gibberish.

This is just a little blather so as to make an entry. Nothing here but gibberish, the sole purpose of which is to strut or fret for a few lines and then to be heard from no more. Truthfully, I'm bored. The weather is boring. It has been hot and humid and a threat of showers (as-yet unfulfilled threats) for several days. I've not had a chance to make it over to the Falls of the Ohio State Park to see the exposed fossil beds as I have wished to do. My office has been in the throes of moving for several weeks, but because of the delays in the completion of our new space, those throes, like the threats of rain, are as-yet unfulfilled, meaning work is being done from boxes ready to be moved, but as-yet unmoved.

There may not be an entry tomorrow as I am scheduled on the appointment blotters of my two doctors, the general medicine guy to check on my asthma and allergies, and regular follow-ups with a neurologist and neurosurgeon from some head-splitting surgery a little over two years ago. The lead-ups to these regular appointments tend to drain me, worrying as to their outcomes, each of which is very frankly expected, like Shakespeare's characters Bertram and Helen, to turn out as All's Well Which Ended Well. My neurosurgeon from that experience was Dr. Michael Doyle, a person who I would highly recommend to anyone needing to do what I needed to have done. Thank you, Dr. Doyle.

An aside. I heard from my friend Taylor Coots today. Taylor is a young Democrat from Spencer County. He had a 27th birthday on June 12, which I missed. He is staffing the state of Nevada for the Bill Richardson for President campaign which is pretty cool. Good luck Taylor. There is a little over 573 days left in the wackiness known as the Bush Administration, wackiness I've more or less resigned myself to at least for the moment. I'm not sure if Big Dick Cheney is actually a part of the government or not. Neither is George. And the Congress doesn't seem to care - except for Chairman Waxman.

No comments:

The Archives at Milepost 606

Personal

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Never married, liberal Democrat, born in 1960, opinionated but generally pleasant, member of the Episcopal Church. Graduate of Prestonia Elementary, Durrett High, and Spalding University; the first two now-closed Jefferson County Public Schools, the latter a very small liberal arts college in downtown Louisville affiliated with the Roman Catholic Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. My vocation and avocation is politics. My favorite pastime is driving the backroads of Kentucky and southern Indiana, visiting small towns, political hangouts, courthouses, churches, and cemeteries. You are welcome to ride with me sometime.