Friday, September 28, 2007

194. 5K Run

According to the 6th Chapter of the Gospel of Saint Mark, Jesus managed to feed 5000 souls from a picnic of five loaves and two fishes. The story is repeated in Matthew 14 and John 6. Five thousand seems to be a lot of people to be in one place. The moral of that story is about the sharing of food. Yesterday, sometime around 12:30 pm, the 5000th visit was made to the Left Bank of the Ohio River Near Milepoint 606. Here along the Left Bank, we share stories - or I least I share my stories with you and now and then I get a response. Thanks for the 5000+ look-sees from all of you. I continue to be amazed at some of the addresses and locales who stop by for a one- or two- page view. While very few people comment, and about 500 of those views might be me, I am still awed by the idea of 4500 people either intentionally or accidentally finding their way here.

The number of foreign country addresses continues to rise, as does, interestingly, the number of addresses ending in .edu, indicating an institution of higher learning. I have often clicked on these college links when letters appear which make no sense to me, taking me to a number of smaller colleges, community colleges, and other places I never knew were there. I have also noticed more than a few addresses linking to websites of both major national political parties, both congressional campaign committees, and four (so far) different individual congressional campaigns, although Erwin Roberts' site has yet to show up.

I have regular daily visits from about 17 different addresses, assuming the ones from louisville.edu are the same person. I've added the map which shows "where in the world" as well as a location monitor within the other two counters, which like the line in the Nicene Creed, cover things both seen and unseen. We've had entries on a number of things, but usually are trying to stick to the wide array provided for in the intro at the top of the site. As the labels on the right indicate, the most popular entries are on history, Louisville, and travel, followed by politics, sports, the weather, and religion. (And therein lies a question about the Oxford Comma - Stuart, are you reading? - Should the comma following the word travel in the previous sentence be a semi-colon instead?)

But enough musings for one day. I'm looking forward to some travel time this weekend, and as my truck has been laid up without gears for a week, its return to the road this evening should be worth a hundred miles or so.

Thanks again for stopping by.

No comments:

The Archives at Milepost 606

Personal

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Never married, liberal Democrat, born in 1960, opinionated but generally pleasant, member of the Episcopal Church. Graduate of Prestonia Elementary, Durrett High, and Spalding University; the first two now-closed Jefferson County Public Schools, the latter a very small liberal arts college in downtown Louisville affiliated with the Roman Catholic Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. My vocation and avocation is politics. My favorite pastime is driving the backroads of Kentucky and southern Indiana, visiting small towns, political hangouts, courthouses, churches, and cemeteries. You are welcome to ride with me sometime.