Wednesday, March 21, 2007

69. A Short Entry on the event of our 1,000 Hits

Sometime yesterday or the day before, our site-meter turned over its first thousandth time. We've surpassed a thousand hits. I am grateful for the interest. We've had readers from over 1/2 the states in our Republic, the District of Columbia, 27 foreign countries, and more than a few unknown locations, although I assume they fall into one of the categories above.

Most of the writing has been local, historical, or political in nature, reflective of my values and views. There hasn't been a lot of responding messages, but that is ok. I've said before I'm not inclined to respond to messages left, but rather see that as an opportunity for readers to react to what has been written. Maybe my entries are just not all that exciting enough.

In any event, please keep reading. I am under the weather today and am having two teeth extracted, something that wasn't a part of my regularly scheduled programming.

So, thanks. My ego appreciates your interest.

No comments:

The Archives at Milepost 606

Personal

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Never married, liberal Democrat, born in 1960, opinionated but generally pleasant, member of the Episcopal Church. Graduate of Prestonia Elementary, Durrett High, and Spalding University; the first two now-closed Jefferson County Public Schools, the latter a very small liberal arts college in downtown Louisville affiliated with the Roman Catholic Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. My vocation and avocation is politics. My favorite pastime is driving the backroads of Kentucky and southern Indiana, visiting small towns, political hangouts, courthouses, churches, and cemeteries. You are welcome to ride with me sometime.