Congressman Joe Wilson of South Carolina is the face of the modern day Republican Party. It isn't enough to send outsiders into a Town Hall meeting for heckling purposes at Democratic members of the House of Representatives. This dyed-in-the-wool Republican wanted his fame spread far and wide. A sitting member of Congress during an address by the President of the United States to a Joint Session of Congress calls the president a liar. What he did was open his mouth and show his ass - as well as his true colors and those of most Republicans. They are uncivil and they are embarassing.
Kudos to Senator John McCain immediately following the speech calling for an apology. And, a short time later the punked-up "I got you Obama" Wilson called the White House and apologized to Rahm Emanuel. That isn't enough. He made the outburst on national television. He needs to make the apology on national television, maybe on the Sunday morning talk shows. He needs some face time - he needs to counter his fifteen seconds of fame with sixteen seconds of humility. John Boehner and Mitch McConnell should be at his side showing some remorse, if that is possible. And Republicans in every level of government, from county courthouses and city halls, to state legislature, state capitals, as well members of the United State House and Senate, owe the people of the United States an apology for one of their own.
The modern day Republican Party, as demonstrated by Congressman Joe Wilson, is a band of thugs, haters, bullies, and gun-toters who can't accept that a black man sits in the White House. I believe their ultimate aim is unfortunately sinister. And I believe they must be stopped before they go too far.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
The Archives at Milepost 606
- ► 2014 (134)
- ► 2013 (18)
- ► 2012 (49)
- ► 2011 (63)
- ► 2010 (98)
- 548. Over The Hump
- 547. Another Update and Wet Weekend News
- 546. Update and an Email
- 545. Time Out
- 544. Summer Stops
- 543. An Original County Trifecta
- 542. KDP SCEC - Odd Timing
- 541. You don't say, Mr. Carter?
- 540. Random Thoughts
- 539. Fifteen Seconds of Fame - Uncivil and Embara...
- 537. Lazy Tuesday Entry for Metro Club Wednesday
- 537. Long Entry for a Short Week
- 535. Short Entry for a Long Weekend
- 535. Full Moon Makes Life Interesting
- 534. Yarmuth's Town Hall - My Non-Report
- 533. California Special Election Results
- ▼ September 2009 (16)
- ► 2008 (167)
- Jeff Noble
- Louisville, Kentucky, United States
- Single, male, bald, overweight, early 50s, seeking . . . Oh wait, that's goes on the other website. How about this - never married, liberal Democrat, opinionated but generally pleasant, member of the Episcopal Church. Graduate of Prestonia Elementary, Durrett High, and Spalding University; the first two now-closed Jefferson County Public Schools, the latter a very small liberal arts college in downtown Louisville affiliated with the Roman Catholic Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. My vocation and avocation is politics. My favorite pastime is driving the backroads of Kentucky and southern Indiana, visiting small towns, political hangouts, courthouses, churches, and cemeteries. You are welcome to ride with me sometime.