Monday, September 1, 2014

SB-61. Knox County

#61 is KNOX COUNTY (named for US Secretary of War, General Henry Knox; county seat is Barbourville). Where do you eat & who do you visit? #KY120Game — with Charlotte Flanary and 17 others.
  • 3 people like this.
  • Matt Osborne Don't know too much about Knox County, but I will never forget Eddie Jacobs getting pulled over in the campaign vehicle in 2007.
  • Charlotte Flanary I would visit Herman Mccreary and other members of the DEC. I got nothing on where to eat. Typically I am just passing through so grab a fast food sandwich (yuk).
  • Jeff Noble Heck, Barbourville you can't even pass through without some work as 25E carries you around the eastern side with ease. When I was through a couple of months ago, the turnoff into town (KY11, Boone Drive I think) was closed for reconstruction. Still, it is a neat and crisp little town complete with a small college so there has to be somewhere to eat. There are some fast food places just south of town on 25E.
  • Daniel Tatum Barboursville or Barer'ville as the locals call it has a Hardee's. That's about it.
  • Wes Wright I know Corbin lies partly in Knox County (also partly in Whitley and Laurel). Looks like the Depot on Main lies right on a county line, so I'm picking the Depot and its Chocolate Lava Cake. If I'm buzzed/disqualified, someone please let me know what county the Depot and the Col. Sanders Museum lie in, so I can have my picks ready for Laurel and Whitley Counties.
  • JoEtta Y. Wickliffe Waiting for Mercer! Enjoying this series!
  • Katie Mueller Oof. I gots nothin'.
  • Travis M. Scott Union College is there, so I would call Amanda Fickey and get her advice.

No comments:

The Archives at Milepost 606

Personal

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Never married, liberal Democrat, born in 1960, opinionated but generally pleasant, member of the Episcopal Church. Graduate of Prestonia Elementary, Durrett High, and Spalding University; the first two now-closed Jefferson County Public Schools, the latter a very small liberal arts college in downtown Louisville affiliated with the Roman Catholic Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. My vocation and avocation is politics. My favorite pastime is driving the backroads of Kentucky and southern Indiana, visiting small towns, political hangouts, courthouses, churches, and cemeteries. You are welcome to ride with me sometime.